Tuesday, June 23, 2009

blood donation

i went for blood donation today, haha. Actually i didnt think much of it or else i would turn around headed to the door.

it was started with a few people in the hall and LOTS of Merah Sabit guys stood there to help in case u suddenly suffocation or fainted at the spot or vomited your breakfast... Quoted chu yee's saying, there was more staff than donater like u are in the operation hall. creepy huh~

To start blood donation, u have to fill up tons of personal information. 4 pages full, ticking yes or no. like one of the question: adakah kamu sihat hari ini? *errrr... maybe no hidden sickness, healthy baby.* while waiting for my turn, i sat with chu yee listening some boys making fun of each other about their weight ( u got to weight ur mass to make sure u are not underweight or overweight orelse the weighting machine might misfuntioning the minute u stepped on it... hehe) getting more and more people came in the hall and there was only 10 beds there, wondering would it be a bed traffic jam....

finally it was my turn. pulling back my thought, down to earth. weighing (secret, hehe), asking some health questions then i proceeded to the next station. Defining blood group: meaning gt blood la!!! a nurse use an equipment to needle fingertip. it was slightly painful althought she already put achohol on it to relieve the pain. Ouch~~~ i hissed and i swore i saw the nurse laughed of my act. then she started to apply my blood to some chemicals. blood wound (i noe it is so small to consider as a wound) still 'opened', i asked method to indicate my blood group.

then, filling some information again (just a card).

DANG! DANG! DANG!!!!

BLOOD DONATION

**saliva going down the throat*

suddenly fear struck me. i didnt realise my fear was written on my face especially i saw the frightening, long, sharp needle going to *** to my vein. one of the lower form merah sabit kid (younger than me ma....haha) comforted me(no use) , i felt a lot better as the needle-going-into-my-vein process took seconds. Phew~ i got this experienced nurse. One of my friends went to through this process 11 times as she said the nurse considered her vein is so small and invisible.

Lying there doing nothing except kept my left hand rolling a roller, looked up the ceiling trying to recall some of the funny scents of the tv dramas yesterday. Then, the staff said:
'' Your blood is not jalan la..." **what?!!** My hand rolled faster than before. "Now your blood is jalan again." ** phew~**>_<111

The whole process took about 5 mins. tada! one milo packet drink, one packet of Tiger's biscuit plus an tiny, desperate, miserable red apple in return of my 300 ml blood. haha~ it was FREE... =DDDD

Chu yee was slow. I think she was the only person lying there for 1/2 hr.(she was ahead me.) same reason again. the blood wouldnt jalan itself. muahahaha. poor chu yee.

I was glad i donated blood. Now, i can show people my "vampire mark". Wakaka...

1 comment:

eueu said...

seems like everyone going for blood donation